If you have suffered property damage or loss because of Hurricane Sandy, you are likely reeling from this event, unsure of what you should do to begin the process of repairing and replacing your property. Millions of people are facing this same uncertainty, and many are turning to their insurance companies for financial assistance as they begin the rebuilding process. Unfortunately, many policyholders are being met with unscrupulous insurance company tactics that attempt to devalue or in some cases, completely deny legitimate claims.
If you are facing a dispute with your insurance company, you likely have a number of questions. That is why we have provided the following list of frequently asked questions, along with their answers. We hope that you find what you are looking for here, but if you do not, please feel free to call the Hurricane Sandy insurance claims lawyers of Williams Kherkher today at 888-384-6376 and discuss your situation in further detail.
- A claims investigation occurred, but it does not accurately represent my damages. What can I do?
- Are punitive damages usually awarded in insurance bad faith claims?
- Are your legal services available in my area?
- Can you guarantee my claim?
- Do I really need an attorney for my insurance claim case?
- How can I collect evidence for my bad faith insurance claim?
- How long will my insurance claim lawsuit take?
- How much payout should I expect to receive from an insurance claim?
- How much time do I have to file a lawsuit for my insurance claim?
- I keep trying to send a claim into my insurer, but they won’t respond. Can you help?
- Is there a difference between residential and commercial insurance claims?
- My claim was accepted, but I’ve been waiting an excessively long time for payout. Can I sue?
- My claim was rejected. Can I appeal?
- My insurer is advising me to settle with them. Should I agree?
- My insurer is providing full coverage for most damage expenses, but hasn’t fulfilled everything covered in my policy
- My insurer keeps insisting for more documents and evidence whenever I contact them. Do I need to provide this information?
- My property had some damage before the hurricane. Can I still receive coverage?
- Should an insurer pay for my temporary housing costs?
- What can a successful insurance claim cover?
- What can I do if my insurer still hasn’t sent out a claims adjuster?
- When should I contact an attorney?
- Why was my claim rejected?
- Will my case end up in court?